Labels

Thursday 12 January 2012

Taipei, Taiwan (Day 3) - Photoshoot Preparation with ViviBride

It was superb early for us and we managed to grab some breakfast in the hotel before heading to war zone. We were advice to go to their make up studio upstairs rather than their ViviBride store. I met my make up artist, Chen Lau Sher (Teacher Chan) there. We actually brought some food packed from nearby bread store but it is not needed as apparently they will prepare some cakes and breads for us. Postings below are some of the items being used for the make up session. I repeatedly mention to Chen Lau Sher that I personally work for events before and did photoshoot + have experience with make up done by make up artist before (which is true). I also told her my preference, I do not like soft make up on my eyes. We need to briefly set an expectation before they start, else, when they don't achieve it, it will be our fault for not telling in advance. They provide nail polish service but only the simple color and not design if someone comes without any.
***My MUA for the day. Very experienced and very professional. Do not get cheated by her no make up look

Tips1# Do not bring too large of a bag especially if you plan to bring the MUA out as the car fits 6 but that includes their props, their equipments and your bags.

Tips2# Remember to request for your bouquet color. I know a lot of brides do not do this and they will provide the pink bouquet probably. I personally love red and I requested for red + some white bouquet. Somehow, when we were about to leave, some other couple conveniently took our bouquet and left us with pink. I insist that I want my red bouquet and Chen Lau Sher efficiently requested and made sure they gave me mine. One other reminder, make sure the bouquet's stalk at the bottom is properly cut. As mine was not cut nicely (second bouquet). It did cross my mind that my initial bouquet that was stolen probably would have been the best.
***Look to the right of the picture, how long the stalk was. But overall shot, only a few was affected.

Tips3# Bring your own ampoule as theirs cost RM50 each. I got mine from SASA in KL and it barely cost me RM20 each (and this is one of the best brand there).

However, do not say no entirely to the MUA. I know they just want to make a living and this ampoule money goes to them. I did say yes to 2 bottles for my face and the rest, my body and fiance's face use the ampoule that I brought. During testing, she just broke 1 of my vial and pour it to test on palm. It was a big waste but it was only RM20 (She was doing a test to tell me mine is not very absorbant, but mine was really good) Thus, she did not refuse. 2 for my face as theirs is one clear and the other with foundation base. I think it brings the same purposed but rather than say "NO" and she screws up my hairdo and make up, I told myself why not. I proceeded with 2 bottles with her.
***This is the brand she was using. Note the grey bottle is the clear ampoule and brown is the one with skin base. 

They were using double lash. Meaning 2 single layer lash to give the ultimate effect to lashes. It is commonly use for photoshoot. Make sure you tell her if you feel uncomfortable as you need to use it whole day long. 
***The after lash effect. I felt like Barbie already. Do not be shocked with my face. Pay attention only to my Barbie lash.

Tips4# If you are able to, get a color lens with natural color. Example, black or brown. Do not go overboard by getting super huge ones, you will not want to look different than usual. Mine was only 14mm and it only has a natural ring around it. My natural eyes are dark brown but I have small cornea making my eyes look hanging in pictures taken. This tip was given by Chew Yee from KL Vivibride branch.

Tips5# Do not worry if your back is not smooth or shoulder has pimples. It is all solved by this little bottle here.
***This cream is used generously on your shoulder back and arms. It is to give you a fair effect. I doubt it can be used on actual day make up but in pictures, this works stunningly. 

Tips6# Do not worry if your HTB (husband-to-be) has very soft thin hair. The MUA here are professionals. Leave it to them.

On both bride and groom's hair, they will use a jaggard clipper to make the corn hair effect (its easier to style) and for bride, first hairstyle is always to curl. As it takes longer time to prepare this.

 ***I personally requested Chen Lau Sher to help my HTB add a little lines for his brow. I know how much brow affects someone's look and she made him look even more wonderful.

***Our final effect for 1st make up and hairdo. In case anyone is wondering, my hair is real. She somehow manage to make it look so fluffed up.

Tips7# I colored my hair about 2 weeks before my trip to give some colors for my pictures (I normally don't) This advice was given by my hair stylist who happens to be my closed cousin, Emily. My only slack was I did not do the same for my HTB' hair.

Tips8# It is your decision whether or not you want to bring your MUA out. But I find it wise to bring her out. I paid this much to go so far. I would want to make sure I got different designs for my hairdo in different dresses. And true enough, it was a decision I never regretted.

Tips9# Make sure you make your request for Balloons or Fireworks early. I made mine but somehow they forgotten and did not prepare. Constantly remind them.

Tips10# Final advice on the prep here, bring an Iphone or phone with a good camera if you have. They will keep trying to take it away from you but if your HTB can keep in his pocket, you will get a lot of during photoshoot pictures. It brings more memory than just the one they took. Trust me on this.

Love,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment