Labels

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Simple yet Elegant: Teow Chew Meng

Worth going>>>>> Definately!!!

One fine Sunday afternoon, a bunch of us which consists me, my sis, her fiance and my beloved BF decides to head to SS14 for lunch. The restaurant is called Teow Chew Meng. From the name itself, you would know they serve teow chew food.  This restaurant is surrounded by mostly houses and their main customers are people working around PJ area but do not underestimate of the word of mouth and press. This small little restaurant was featured in few major newspaper before. When I was there the other day and its on weekend, we see many people drive down from KL just to have their lunch in this restaurant.
The teochew food by Teoh Chew Meng. What a way to name their restaurant
Their restaurant got some good feedback in major newspaper.
The restaurant decoration is pretty simple with the homey feeling. The attendants of the shop are very friendly. My sister was a frequent visitors to this restaurant and to my surprise they remember what my sister normal dish would be. Besides, it offers free WIFI service to their patrons.
I see FREE wifi. Good~ Ipad ready? Surfing... here we go...
We had few of their famous dishes there. Started off with the Sharkfin Mee Sua- a thin longevity noodle (RM12.00/ person) This dish is simply delicious as I enjoy the aroma of this dish when I was firstly presented on the table. It is being served with thick gravy, an abundance of seafood namely fish, prawns, crab sticks, fish maw and sea asparagus, rice flour noodles and shark’s fin, which I am not sure if it’s a real shark fin or not. The combination of the soft mee sua with the thick gravy and additional shark fin in this dish is simply amazing. To ass a little more taste to this dish, most people would add a bit of vinegar into it. It reminds me of the clumsy me who put the soy sauce instead of the vinegar into my own mee suah on my 1st bowl. Well, at least I know which is vinegar and soy sauce on the table later that.
Woohoo.. the generous seafood shar fin mee suah

Another dish that should be tried when you are there is their signature Oyster Mee (RM15.00/ person). They are being generous in this dish with the HUGE oysters. I find the size of the oyster appropriate because some oysters which are super huge are just yucky to be eaten. The gravy was brownish and the texture of it are just right in taste- not too thick but very flavorful. They used yellow noodle for this dish. I’m not such a big fan of yellow noodle but I have to say that this dish is good and the noodles are just so smooth.
The deliciiiioussss oyster noodle
My sister recommend their Seafood Roll - stuffed bean curd skin (RM10/dish) Its very crunchy from outside and its filled with minced seafood like shrimp, mantis prawns, siakap fish, crab meat and cooked salted egg yolks. The actually cut this roll into smaller pieces before its being dips into the hot oil and deep fried it. That’s why it’s so crusty on each and every of it. Before you eat this roll, dip a bit of their special chili sauce which is served together on the plate and it is absolutely appetizing
The crunchy seafood roll
I had their steam octopus with rojak sauce (RM10.00/ dish). This dish might look simple for outside but the sizes of the octopus must be selected with care. Too big octopus, no good. Too small, also no good. Besides the timing to steam is equally important as the taste and the quality of the food will be affected by it too. This restaurant does have some skill on this dish. Added with the rojak sauce, I love this dish!!
My o my... look at the curl of the octopus. Beautiful!
I love mango but if added with sauces or garnish I always think its no longer authentic and the mango taste will be swamp away. I am proven wrong in this restaurant. Their mango kerabu (RM8.00/ dish) is simply original and I can still taste the sourness of mango with added taste of sweetness for the sauce. With a littleeeee bit of chili padi, this dish is perfect for after meal.
Sourly and sweetly kerabu mango
Restoran Teow Chew Meng
9 Jalan SS14/1,
Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel no.: +603 7877 9298, +6012 472 8387
Business Hours: Tues-Fri, lunch (10am-3.30pm); dinner (5.30pm-10pm). Closed on Monday.


XOXO
suz

No comments:

Post a Comment