Labels

Thursday 16 June 2011

Slurrpy Dumpling Dimsum- Di Wei Chinese Cuisine Restaurant

Worth Going>>>>> Definately!!!


I have a chance to dine at Di Wei Chinese Cuisine Restaurant in Empire Hotel recenltly with a friend of mine. Never knew inside Empire Hotel hides such an amazing looking Chinese restaurant. A catwalk runway prominently located in the middle of the dining hall added with all the mystique and romance of the Oriental East surrounding it. A perfect combination of elegant and modern Cantonese delights. A warm and excellent service is what I received during my recent stopover.
Bliss!! Nice environment for lunch.
It was dim sum for the lunch on that day. I made a decision to order their roasted pork and damn!!!They are crunchy on the skin and soft at the meat… Juicy meat!! Just make me to ask for more… but behave~~~~ and there are so many more on the table to be filled by my little tummy….


The fried radish cake is soft but a bit oily from outside. The waiter might be in a rush to bring the cake out for us hence the oiliness. It taste fine and I realize the presence of ham inside the cake which make the taste more appealing but the oil just make me deduct the points for this cake.


Green tea with Naihuangbaozi is one unique steamed bun I ever taste. No doubt the skin of the bun taste good and refreshing but the filling is simply remarkable. The bun is filled with sweet yellow custard filling with salted egg York. It’s all at the right amount. Nice~
We also ordered the duck ‘cheong fan’. Its basically steamed flat rice noodles (about a finger’s diameter), cut up into little pieces and then served with a dash of sesame seed and sauce. In here, they add duck fillet into the roll which makes this dish unique. I feel the crunchiness in the cheong fan. Added with bit of sweet sauce and the blended shrimp paste, belacan and chilly.. Its perfecto!


Lastly I shall not to forget the soupy dumpling which almost burns my mouth. It’s something like the Xiaolongbao but in bigger size and served in a small bowl. Down at the dumpling placed some steamed spinach which balance the finely chopped meat-filled baozi and the best part is their juicy broth. I’m given a small straw to drink it.. It’s cute!! And I almost burn my mouth. It’s really hot when it was served. Normally, it is succulent and prepared only with thin, partially leavened dough but I find the dough is slightly thick. Maybe they need this to trap the juicy juice. Anyhow, it still tastes good.

This is one great and juicy bao.
Verdict from this visit, great hospitality with fine food. Worth to visit again :)


Address 
Di Wei Chinese Cuisine
Level 1,
Empire Hotel Subang
Jalan SS16/1, 47500 Subang Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment